Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013--Time for a change

Ya know what...worrying about what everyone else thinks gets pretty exhausting.  It is always about having the new clothes, better jobs, and nicer cars. But why? Why do we do this?? The worst part is there is no definite line. You dress too nice and you're considered ritzy or snobby.  If you dress too low key you're considered sloppy or a scrub. Why does any of it really matter??

I was watching a really inspirational movie, not sure if you've seen it but it's called "The Princess Diaries"...ha kidding, but it is a cute one.  I was watching it with my nieces a couple days ago (and by watching it WITH them I mean they left half the time and I was mad every time someone walked in front of me because I was so into it). Anyhow it is an extremely cheesy movie but...the limo driver/queens assistant is just the cutest guy.  He uses Eleanor Roosevelt's  quote which I found to be pretty great.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

I think this quote really hits the spot for the change I want to make in 2013 and for the rest of my life. I wouldn't say that I am an insecure person but I know I do let myself feel inferior to people around me more often than I'd like. I tend to put people on a pedestal when it really shouldn't be that way. It can be a very detrimental mind set for a person's success in life.

My goal is to continue to be the best I can be and just that.  There is nothing wrong with not having the next best device or the nicest new clothes.  It is important that we are happy with ourselves but always looking to become better individuals.  I strongly believe we are our worst critics and we can be the reason for our own failures.

Much too often we let criticism tear us apart instead of build us up to be better.  It can be hard to take but if we do take it and work off of it, we truly can become better/stronger individuals.  We as humans have a hard time looking weak or hearing our faults...but in reality we are weak and we do have faults....so why not be aware of them?  Once we know our weaknesses we can realize our strengths...which in turn we can strengthen our weaknesses and enhance our strengths. 

We all have faults and it is nothing to be ashamed of...don't let yourself feel inferior, don't belittle yourself. 

Hold strong to the beauty within you.  We are all children of God and of equal worth.  No one person is better than another and by letting yourself feel inferior you are only hiding the light you would have otherwise shined on those around you.

Goal for 2013 and life...
See the beauty within.  
Be the best that I can be on every given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment