Wednesday, December 12, 2012

That Moment We All Hate

Alright so we've all had them...we all know how bad they suck.  By "them" and "they", I am referring to awkward hugs.  They really are the worst.  My sisters are really great in that they are always honest with me...Ok maybe too honest at times but it is probably good for me to hear it.  I mean if they didn't let me know some of the things I was doing were so embarrassing I could be walking around doing them and still not know.  So ya consider them my saving grace.  anways, I always do this stupid face when I hug people.  My sisters always told me I did it but I didn't really know what they were talking about until one day I totally felt myself do it.  Ha I was dying because I realized exactly what they were talking about.  I look like such a goob.  This picture is actually exactly what I do.  It is SO dumb.


So that is just an example of the weirdness I bring to a hug...but the awkwardness, ya that is a whole different thing.  Have you ever had that moment when you're walking down a hallway and someone is walking towards you and when you go to walk past them, they go to walk on that side so you keep bobbling back and forth trying to get past each other but you just keep getting in each others way...ya I do that with hugs...well not anymore.  I was a sophomore in college when I learned that 95% of the time you put your head on the left side when you're hugging someone.  Do you know how many times I almost hit heads with someone because of that??  Then there is the arm situation.  Do you put your arms above? below? do you seat belt?  What do you do when you go for a side hug and they're going for a full front on?  Or other way around...you go for a full hug and you realize too late that they were going for a half hug. Or when you let go while they're still squeezing?

Today in the library I went to give my friend a hug and I thought I was being all smooth about it when one of my hands got caught on his ipod cord and the other one on his backpack strap...ya that worked real well.  It is bad enough with just anyone, but when I have a crush on someone it just gets that much worse.  Sophomore year this kid was sitting on his motorcycle so I go to give him a hug (remember now he is sitting on a motorcycle, therefore way shorter than me)...and I find it to be a good idea to hug under his arms.  This required me to oddly bend over and while he had to try to stand up while straddling his motorcycle and it yup it just got weird real fast.

Ok now for tall girl problems...what do you do when the guy is close to your height or about 2 inches taller...do you put your arms above? Do you put them below? or how about the seatbelt hug?  Ya...it just sucks and you are in a lose-lose situation.  Or...what if they're way taller like 6'4 so your head is at chest level.  Do you look up? So your chin is in their chest and your neck is strained. Or do you look to the side? and you can't really hear them talk to you and just feel weird. where do you put your head?!?
Talk about over thinking. I honestly get anxiety.  I mean I love hugs but they freak me out every time because I ALWAYS mess them up (this is how I feel about taking the sacrament...I mean ya I love it, but I swear I mess it up every time)!!  I tend to magnify things by 100 in my head when in reality they aren't even a big deal. #storyofmylifewithawkwardsituations

No comments:

Post a Comment