Wednesday, December 5, 2012

30 Day Run

Okay so I don't know if you have ever heard of Ted Talks, but they are amazing.  It is ted.com and it is a bunch of different talks created by wonderful innovative people who want to share their ideas...and they are all ideas worth sharing.

So there are 2 talks that I really thoroughly enjoy and they are kind of a combination so here I am combining the two.  The first one is titled "Sarah Kay: If I Should Have a Daughter" and the second one is "Matt Cutts: Try Something New for 30 Days"  I highly recommend you listen to both of them because they are great!  So I love the Sarah Kay one because she is a representation of the beauty of poetry and spoken word poetry.  I love everything about her poem and even more about the way she presented it.  Her actual talk part got me super pumped about poetry and trying spoken word poetry.  I haven't quite got that far but I do want to start writing more and work in that direction.   Well that is where Matt Cutts comes into the picture -to try something new for 30 days.  So here it is, I am going to blog everyday for 30 days.  They may be short, long, poems, thoughts etc etc.  I have made my blog more visually appealing so I hope you like it. 

Sarah Kay suggests to start with a prompt of 10 things you know to be true. I have posted the list on the side of my blog in the "about me" section, but I will re post them here just for the sake of sharing it.

                                                         10 Things I Know to be True
                                             1. Shit Happens (sorry about the language)
                                             2. I love people
                                             3. My mom is my best friend
                                             4. The Gospel makes me happy
                                             5. Happiness is a choice
                                             6. There is beauty in each day
                                             7. 95% of daily "problems don't matter
                                             8. Being a friend is the best thing you can be
                                             9. It never hurts to ask
                                            10. People will tell you with or without words, you just have to listen.

 So consider this post number 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment